Saturday, June 16, 2012

No Nut Banana Bread

What do you do when you have a ton of over ripe bananas? Ya freeze them! Well i do -- then i pull them out of the freezer and make banana bread with them! As you might know, i had eczema and so i follow (mostly) an auto-immune protocol - no nuts, no nightshades, and for me - no seeds. I came across a recipe for banana muffins made with coconut flour. I tweaked it -- well honestly the only thing i kept the same was the bananas and coconut flour! 


Slice this, dip it in egg and fry it -- best french toast EVER!!!! Enjoy!






No Nut Banana Bread


4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 C butter, melted
6 eggs
1 Tbs vanilla
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 C coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
2 Tbsp arrowroot
1/4 tsp salt
1 Tbsp cinnamon


Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Combine all dry ingredients then set aside. Whisk eggs until frothy then add bananas, butter, vanilla and maple syrup. Add dry ingredients to wet making sure to mix well. Pour into well buttered loaf pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until toothpic inserted into the center comes out clean.

3 comments:

DL Enterprises said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanne W. said...

Is there another way? I tried this recipe and it was pretty good the first day, but it comes out so wet and eggy tasting. Do you think I can cut back on the eggs?

Unknown said...

I find that when i'm working with coconut flour, I have to weigh it to be sure that I'm using the right amount. If you have a scale, here are the conversions that I use:

1 teaspoon = 5 ml/g
1 tablespoon = 15 ml/g
1 ounce = 30 ml/g
1 cup = 230 ml/g

If you decide to cut an egg, you might need to replace the fat. I'd suggest using 1 or 2 Tablespoons of butter/coconut oil. Let me know how it turns out!