Saturday, August 13, 2011

Breakfast of Champions

I usually don't eat breakfast but these looked so easy and delicious that I had to try them. The kids devoured them! I still skip breakfast though -- i eat these for brunch ;) 






This is my spin on Sarah Fragoso's egg cupcakes.


Ingredients
10 eggs
1 bell pepper
2 small onions
2 bunches of spinach
salt and pepper to taste
12 slices of bacon
coconut oil /  bacon fat


Directions


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toss the veggies in the food processor and pulse until they are roughly chopped. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the veggies and saute the veggies in oil. While they are cooking, scramble eggs. Allow veggies to cool then add them to the eggs. Oil the pan then line each cupcake 'well' with a slice of bacon. (I found it easier to make a circle with the bacon by wrapping it around my four fingers before i put it in the cupcake well.) 




Pour the egg mixture into the bacon lined well. Bake 25-30 minutes. Let cool a bit and enjoy!!


These can be stored in the fridge for a week. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven.

No comments: