Friday, September 9, 2011

Crackers?? I can have CRACKERS??

Yes! And they're FAB!! I was searching for crackers because i used to love to eat my tuna with crackers. I hunted around and found 4 recipes that sounded good. I took a few things from one and a few things from the other and came up with my own amazingly delish concoction! Feel free to play around with the herbs and spices. These lasted ONE day in my house... Hope you enjoy these as much as I did!









Ingredients
1/2 Cup almond flour
1/2 Cup almond meal (like almond flour but with more texture. Can also use roughly chopped sunflower seeds or other nuts)
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 tsp. sea salt (or less)
2 egg whites
½ Tbsp. olive oil
1+ Tbsp. water
 2 tsp. dried herbs of choice (I used rosemary and garlic)

How:

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix all ingredients together until you can form a ball, adding more water if too dry

Roll out a portion of the dough (either 1/2 or 1/3) between 1 piece of parchment paper (bottom) and on piece of wax paper. Dough is sort of sticky. Use a rolling pin or glass to roll because you want to get it SUPER thin before baking – about an 1/8 of an inch.

Remove the top piece of wax  paper.  Take a pizza cutter and score rectangles on the dough.
Place dough/parchment paper on a cookie pan in oven for 15 minutes, then check and bake for 5 minutes more.  You may want to continue to bake and check every 5 minutes until the crackers are lightly browned. Total time is around 25 minutes depending on how thin they are...  I removed the crackers around the edges as they were thinner and browned faster.

Place the crackers still on the parchment paper on a cooling rack to cool! Store in airtight container – if there are any left!

No comments: