Monday, September 12, 2011

Fried Butternut Squash - Yes i said fried!

A special thanks to Fit Rich Woman - Malika for putting me up on these little delights!


I had to learn to peel a butternut squash for this one - shocker that I never knew this! After peeling it, I sliced it into circles then halved those. I fried them up in avocado oil until golden brown. Finished them with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. The husband - who flat out REFUSES to eat squash - ate these and actually told me he liked it -- will wonders ever cease??


I served these babies up with a medium-rare grass fed filet mignon *splurge*, grilled shrimp and roasted broccoli and bacon 






*nom nom*

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Can't wait to make! BTW: What temp should the oven be and how long should they take to took?
Thanks!

Unknown said...

roast at 400 for about 20 minutes. Sorry! =/