I thought i'd drop these prep tips off here so that (1) I can share them with you and (2) I can keep track of them!
- Get the ads for Sprouts, Whole Foods, or whatever market you use
- Make your weekly menu based on what's on sale -- wild caught fish, grass fed meats, veggies, etc.
Let the Prepping begin!
- Make a to-prep list of the things you plan on prepping. For instance, browning meat, slicing zucchini, ricing cauliflower, etc. Helps to see what you need to do in writing so that you don't forget something and so that you can plan your time accordingly.
- Gather recipes then take out ALL of the spices that you will need. This cuts down on the back-and-forth rummaging through the cabinet / pantry looking for [insert tiny bottle hidden behind huge bottle here]
- Gather all containers / zip lock bags.
- Start with anything that you are going to cook ahead - like browning meat. This way, it has a chance to cool while you finish the rest of your prepping.
- Work your way through your to-prep list.
Voila! All done for the week! I'll be posting some of my favorite make-ahead meals like fajita kits, salsa dump chicken and marinated flank steak! If you haven't seen it already, check out this post on prepping veggies. Have fun!