Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Double Chocolate Avocado Brownies


I was perusing my latest addiction also known as Pinterest and came across a picture of a delishious looking chocolate lovely. When I read the caption I had to do a double take because I couldn't believe that anything that looked that delicious could be avocado AND chocolate. That just doesn't mix right?? Wrong. I happened to have a few avocados that were on their last day of being good so I decided to give it a try. I tweaked the recipe from TGI Paleo to include butter (but you could leave it out) and coffee (don't leave this out). I also cut the honey in half and changed the raw chocolate because I didn't have any and replaced it with 85% Green and Black's. I now present to you - my new favorite double chocolate avocado brownies!



Ingredients
4 oz 85% Dark Chocolate , melted in 1 Tbsp Pasture butter
3 Avocados
1/4 c Raw Honey
1/4 c Dark Chocolate Chips (like Enjoy Life)
3 Eggs
1/4 c Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Tbsp Ground coffee
1 Tbsp Coconut Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt

Instructions
Puree the avocado flesh in a food processor.  Make sure there are NO lumps left over – should be silky smooth.
Beat all remaining ingredients together with the avocado in a bowl with an electric mixer until really smooth and fluffy.
Spoon batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish.
Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out smooth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made these Sunday and I didn't like them. I could taste the avocado and didn't taste any chocolate.
IMO Your other brownie recipe is much better.

Unknown said...

oh no! :(
A co-worker said that she could taste the avocado too (i always bring stuff to work -- they make great test subjects)

Glad i have another alternative for you... going to try another recipe next week! Thanks for the feedback! :)

Unknown said...

I added 1 tsp coconut extract to the recipe and had four adults and two children try it. No one could taste avocados. I also served it with banana ice cream made from frozen bananas. It was a big hit. Thanks for the recipe.