Monday, March 12, 2012

Pan Fried Cod

I'm all about easy meals but easy AND tasty trumps plain old easy any day! I had this on the table in under 20 minutes! What made it even better (yes it gets even better) was that it was cheap - yes cheap and easy. Wait -- that didn't sound quite right.... anyway, I digress. Back to the cod... 
If you're Paleo and you're looking for a tasty seasoning that doesn't have crap in it, one that I'd suggest is Emeril's Original Essence. Tastes great on poultry and fish and its pretty inexpensive. 
I don't know if this really constitutes a recipe but it was delish so I had to share. Hope you love it too!






Pan Fried Cod
Wild Caught Cod Fillets (found these at Costco)
Emeril's Original Essence
Bacon Fat


Directions
Pat cod fillets completely dry using a paper towel. Season ONE side generously with Emeril's Original Essence. Melt about a tablespoon of bacon fat in a pan. Place cod seasoned side down in bacon fat taking care NOT to move it. You want a nice crust to form. Turn only when fish is half opaque. Remove from fire when fish is completely opaque and flakes easily with a fork.

1 comment:

nikandjim said...

So what would you say makes the seasoning the best? I'm avoiding nightshades and am looking for a way to season some cod tomorrow night!