Saturday, February 25, 2012

Super Cook (Once a Month Cooking)

Preparation is key to success being Pale / Primal so lately I have been super cooking. You might know it as once a month cooking (OAMC) but I think calling it super cooking is more fun -- makes me feel like a super hero! Just call me super mom because when i'm all done because my family has meals for a month and I only had to do ONE prep. This method means that by doubling these recipes, all month long, all i will have to do is pull one of these meals out of the freezer then buy and cook fresh veggies -- takes all of 20 minutes to get dinner on the table each night! How's that for convenience?? 

This month, we will be dining on:
  1. Chicken Fajitas
  2. Steak Fajitas (Same as chicken fajitas just add beef bullion in place of chicken)
  3. Grilled Chicken Thighs (Great for stir fries / soups / salads)
  4. Cowboy Burgers
  5. Terriyaki Chicken
  6. Paleo Meatloaf
  7. Honey Chicken
  8. Kaluah Pork
  9. Chili
  10. Wine and Herb Chicken
  11. Taco Meat
  12. Pork Carnitas I make this up to the cooking part (Step 3) then freeze. Thaw and finish up the steps.
  13. Bacon Beef Butternut Squash with Balsamic Onions - I make this as a casserole. I cube the butternut squash and let it roast while I brown the beef and bacon. Then i put it all back together and let it bake again. I portion it out and freeze.

15 comments:

Emma MacKenzie said...

Thanks so much for posting these hints and recipes -- you are helping me to stay on target with Paleo!

Unknown said...

Yay!! I glad to be of service!! I :)

Just Me said...

I can't
Access the cowboy burgers but they have struck my fancy! I'm excited to try some of these thing since we're about to enter ball season for the kids which is crazy! Thank you!

Unknown said...

I think i broke the link when i updated it... I think i fixed it but here's the recipe just in case:
Cowboy Burgers
1 lb grass-fed ground beef
8 slices raw bacon, diced
2 jalapenos, sliced and seeded
1 C coarsely shredded raw cheddar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper


Mix all ingredients. Makes 4 BIG burgers :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Loving the look of these recipes...especially the cowboy burgers...tasty!!!

Unknown said...

Those have become a family favorite! They cook up really well from frozen too -- even easier!

Anonymous said...

I made that recipe for pork carnitas (still need to do a post on it), and while we really liked the overall flavor, we found it to taste too strongly of lemon and lime. The next time I make it I'm going to put half the amount of juice in and see how we like it that way.

Was this true for you as well?

BTW, your recipes look delish. I need to pin more of them. Thanks.

Unknown said...

I felt that way at first too so i have started playing with orange juice in place of the lemon juice. I actually like it better!

Anonymous said...

Ugggh! I finally found my question here. I couldn't remember where I had asked you about the pork recipes and had to search through your posts to find it...for some reason I sometimes have the option to subscribe to comments, and other times it doesn't give me that option so I have to remember on my own, which I don't always do.

Anyhow, thanks for the orange juice tip. That's a good idea. Did you use 1/2 C. lime juice and 1/2 C. orange juice, or did you reduce the amounts at all?

Unknown said...

Haha! I do the same thing! I don't reduce the amounts because i didnt want the pork to dry out... turned out pretty darn good if i must say so myself :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, thanks.

darlene said...

I would like to hear more about the logistics of how to do this. I'm new to Paleo and I NEED to do this too!!!
My first time finding you on the internet. Looks like you have awesome recipes.

Unknown said...

I think i will make a video -- i'm not all that good with videos but hopefully it will help folks out! :)

Jenny B. Jones said...

Just what I was looking for--OAMC Paleo. Thanks so much!